Blog (Thing Seven Check!)

IMing that used to be really big back before everyone had a cell phone. Before the dawn of texting. Anyway IMing I was never really good at. I'd get bored of the conversation really quickly and the conversation would just die, and no one would say anything to each other so you just had an open window on your computer screen. I could see how a help service IM with a libraian could help patrons. We had that at Southwestern College the college I attended last year. It helped a lot the librarians could answer many questions and I didn't have to leave the comfort of my bed while doing a paper. I was able to ask for help on fidning sorces for a paper and they helped a bunch. When I had questions they answered with efficency. It was great. I think that would be a good way to help patrons from home rather than them having to call over the phone and get instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment